Problems with Database

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Blackstarddl, Dec 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackstarddl

Blackstarddl New Member

Last night my site became unusable and will not connect to the database no matter how many times I reset or reupload all the files or database. Have created new databases and it still will not connect to any new database. I keep getting an "ERROR CONNECTING TO DATABASE" message. since I have spent hours reuploading the entire site by now trying to resolve this, I believe it is a problem with Cpanel or my account. Could you please reset my account (cpanel) to clear out any rubbish problems that may exist in it. I have backups of my site already so its no problem to clear it all out and I will reupload everything after it's done.

Also, if possible could you please reset my Cpanel to the X3 theme, I really hate the current one, but it wont change back no matter what I do.

RE: blackstarddl

Thanks

2. Tachyon Zero

Tachyon Zero New Member

You should check file config to database, bro

3. Blackstarddl

Blackstarddl New Member

You didn't read my post fully. I have checked the DB config. I created new databases (plural) creating new connections and config files to match. I even created new sites to see if it was a site issue. Also, reuploaded everything from back up. No success. I am not in the habit of asking for help from the Host since I know most will only ignore your need for assistance. I only ask when it is very clear that it is out of my control. As I said, look how many days this post has been here and NO reply from the webmaster. Since this is free hosting, you get what you pay for! It's unfortunate because I was considering moving to pay service as my site has grown, but not with this type of support.

4. Blackstarddl

Blackstarddl New Member

Just in case anyone is wondering about how far I have tested this. I just downloaded a fresh copy of WordPress from Wordpress.org. I could have used Joomla or anything else that creates a database so it doesn't really matter. I uploaded and and tried to install WordPress from scratch. NEW database, NEW username, NEW everything. Input the details into the WordPress install page and guess what "ERROR ESTABLISHING A DATABASE CONNECTION. Please try again". So it is a connection problem at the server level, not my installation. If no one else is having this issue then it is a problem with my Cpanel configuration or account.

5. Tachyon Zero

Tachyon Zero New Member

Ok, I think you need to send email or ticket, or host your site with another hosting provider

6. Blackstarddl

Blackstarddl New Member

Initially I opened a support ticket and the Host did respond and told me to open a thread here since free accounts were only helped in the forum. So I opened a thread here and have waited almost a week so far. I followed your advice and went to open a new ticket and we shall see what type of response I get this time (if any). I'll keep you posted.

7. Blackstarddl

Blackstarddl New Member

Well, 24 hours later and NO response here or to the Support ticket. I guess I am being ignored. Very nice we host. This should be a warning to any anyone reading this. It's like I always say, guarantees and promises are all wonderful and sound great until the $hit hits the fan and then you know what is real and what is Bull!

8. Andrea

Andrea Administrator Staff Member

It's free and you do not pay for it, we do not earn from it.
    The support is provided via forum only from the community members or staff members with no minimum response time guaranteed.

Contrary to other free hosting providers we still keep this free service active since 2014. It's "Out of Stock" but it does not mean that the current accounts have been shutdown. We have never guaranteed and promised something different from what stated since the beginning.

The account has been recreated from scratch as requested and the credentials have been sent back.
    We are not experiencing any issue with the server itself, I would suggest you to proceed with the CMS installation via Softaculous.

Tachyon Zero likes this.
  9. Blackstarddl

Blackstarddl New Member

Just so you know, I would have tried to use Softaculous to reinstall CMS (after my manual attempts failed) but with that new skin rvorange or whatever it was, softaculous disappeared from cpanel along with several other options. I didn't want to complain when that went into effect but it was a horrible skin specially for people that know how to use cpanel.

Thankfully now that you have reset my account, the database connection has been reestablished and cpanel is once again usable with the X3/paper lantern skin back in place. Thanks for the help.

10. FlamesRunner

FlamesRunner Moderator Staff Member

Seeing that the issue has been resolved, I will lock this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.